How to use Safe Ride
In addition to the University's Shuttle Bus Service, Safe Ride carries students, faculty and staff around campus and part of University Circle. The service is an after-hours addition to public transportation. It runs 7 days a week, between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m. Security officers drive all Safe Ride vehicles.
Three (3) ways to request a Safe Ride between the hours of 7pm and 3am:
- smartphone app - download the free smarphone app on the Google Play or Apple Stores. Sign in with your CWRU ID and password to activate. Search "Ride Cell" to download now!
Safe Ride Program & RideCell general information:
- Safe Ride will remember your ride history, so requesting the same route(s) is super easy.
- You will be notified once the driver arrives at your pick-up location, you will have 3 minutes to arrive at the vehicle or you will be marked as a ‘No Show’ and your Safe Ride will have to be requested again.
Safe Ride Service Area (Map on Right):
- North to Wade Park Boulevard
- East to Coltman Road/the East 120th Street RTA station
- West to East 101st Street/Mt. Sinai parking garage
- South to the intersections of Mayfield and Hampshire Roads and Cedar and Fairmount Roads in Cleveland Heights.